Multimodal freight transport is defined as cargo delivery under a single contract, but performed with at least two different means of transport. The multimodal transport operator enters into a contract with the client as a single carrier in his own name even though transportation is performed by several different carriers and is liable for the entire carriage subject to network system when standard terms and conditions for different modes of transport are applicable.
SEGMENTS OF SOVTRANSAVTO MULTIMODAL SCHEMES
Sea carriage of containers from China, Korea, India, Egypt, Turkey to the ports of Russia Federation, Baltic States and Finland
Transportation of containers by rail from China with on-carriage from the transshipment depots to the consignee
Road delivery of containers by road from the sea ports in St.-Petersburg, Riga, Baltic States to the destinations across Russia
The long-term relations and direct contracts with the shipping lines and stevedoring operators in Russia and Europe give SOVTRANSAVTO the advantages of being the first forwarder and possibility to make competitive quotations for the shipping containers from China, Korea, India and other countries.
SOVTRANSAVTO SCOPE OF MULTIMODAL LOGISTICS
- Choice of delivery method and route planning to achieve the optimal balance of delivery terms and cost for the client, determination and approval of the transshipment and handling procedures at rail freight depots and sea ports
- Shipping documents issue and examination subject to designated delivery term after INCOTERMS 2010, terms and conditions of sales contract and letters of credit
- Real time container monitoring and tracking with the control over scheduled arrivals at the railway stations and sea ports
- Containers release and port handling services, payment settlements for the shipping lines and stevedoring charges and fees
- Customs clearance for containers at the sea port or railway terminal, arrangements for the customs transit from the first port of entry to the inland customs depot
- Sea containers on-carriage from the port of arrival to the consignee’s warehouse and empty container relocation, door-to-door delivery of rail containers
- Optimal terms and conditions for cargo insurance, guaranteed and swift reimbursement of losses with a minimal paperwork
Leave a request
For any questions concerning the organization of transportation, current prices and tariffs for the delivery of goods, you can get comprehensive advice from our specialistsBack to the list of services